Hello everyone and welcome back to English with Lucy!
我们好,等待回到《和Lucy一同学英语》
Today I want to talk to you about: How you can improve your English listening skills ?
今日我想谈谈怎样前进,英语听力?
So, I’ve got some tips that I’m going to give you.
所以呢,我这儿有一些小主张。
If you do follow all of my English listening tips, then you should be able to start to understand native speakers more easily and more effectively.
假定你依照我所说的这些技巧去练习的话,那么你就会逐渐地、愈加简略地愈加高效地听懂以英语为母语的人的话了。
We’ve got a lot to cover in the lesson.
因为这节课内容较多。
So, let’s get started !
所以,咱们就初步吧!
There’s a word that I’m going to be using a lot in this lesson and it is ”variety”.
在这节课中,有一个词我会重复说到,那就是多样性。
I want you to use a wide range of resources and listen to a wide range of accents as well.
我期望你们能广泛触摸各种材料并去听,林林总总的英语口音。
Why?
为啥呢?
Well, I know a lot of you come to me and say:
有许多人找到我说:
‘Lucy, I want to learn British English and to do that I’m only going to listen to British speakers’
Lucy,我想学英式英语,所以呢,我就只听英国人说话了,
But in my opinion: that’s not the right thing to do !
可是我认为这样并不好!
You are going to meet people from all over the world with all different accents and you’re going to need to understand them.
你会遇见全世界来的,有着林林总总口音的人,你也有必要能听懂他们说话。
You don’t want to just be able to understand British people!
你也并不会期望,自个只能听懂英国人说话!
So if you’re not doing it already
所以,假定你还没初步
I want you to listen to as many accents as possible.
我主张你们去尽可以多地听各种口音,
and when you’re doing that I want you to think about the different sounds that each accent makes.
当你在听的时分,你们要想想,各种口音的特征。
I made a video with the lovely Anna from English like a native
我之前和《English like a Native》的Anna
about the differences between our accents
做过一个关于咱们口音之间的,不一样点的视频
and lots of students found that really really helpful
许多学生发现这很有用
because there’s not one definitive way of speaking English.
因为并没有一种断定的,说英语的方法。
There are lots of variations: regional variations, variations by country.
英语口音有许多品种 区域的变种,不一样国家的变种。
I mean English spoken in New Zealand is very different to English spoken in America for example.
比方新西兰和美国,口音就非常不一样。
So you need to be able to recognize more or less everything and diversify your English.
所以你们多多极少需要,辨认出来 使你的英语多样化。
Focusing on that word ‘variety’ again
再次留心多样化这个词
I want to talk to you about resources.
我下一点想谈谈本钱。
For my next point, I want you to ask yourself a question
我想请你们先问自个一个疑问
I want you to answer it yourself honestly
要诚笃地答复哦
How much time do you actually dedicate to practicing and improving your listening skills?
你究竟花了多少时刻,在操练和前进英语才能上?
Answer honestly !
要厚道答复哦!
Most of the students that I asked say around 1 to 2 hours
我问过的大大都学生会说
and even then they might be exaggerating a little bit
大约1到2个小时,即便这样,仍是有一点点夸大
Now you’ve recognized that: You’re probably not practicing enough.
所以如今你大约知道到了,自个操练的还不可。
I want you to start practicing
我期望你们多多操练
Honestly, practice makes perfect !
真的,挥洒自若!
You’re not going to suddenly wake up and be perfect at listening.
你并不会一觉睡醒发现自个听力变得超好。
It takes time, it takes dedication
这个进程需要时刻,需要付出
and it’s called a skill for a reason
它被称之为一项技能
is something that you have to develop principally on your own and also with help from others
正是因为这首要靠你自个尽力,和其别人的协助
but what is listening practice you might be asking me.
你或许会问 怎么操练听力。
Well, I’ve got lots of recommendations for you
我这儿有许多主张
which brings me to my next point: “Resources and more importantly variety of resources”
所以到了下一个主张了,本钱 或许说多样的本钱,
Now the most obvious one is watching TV programs or movies in English.
最早想到的就是看英文电视节目或许英语影片。
This is great, but I think you can take it a step further.
这个办法挺好 但我认为,还大约更深化。
Maybe you’re watching programs with English subtitles.
或许你会看带字幕的电视节目。
That’s good, but you don’t want to rely on the subtitles.
这极好 但你并不期望,依靠字幕吧。
I want you to learn with your ears and not with your eyes.
我期望你用耳朵而不是双眼去学习。
So what I recommend you do to take your listening to the next level is “Watch each program or movie TWICE!”
所认为了前进你们的,听力,我举荐你们,每个节目或影片看两次”
Probably, more achievable with programs short ones.
短一些的节目更简略做到。
I recommend that you aim for something that’s less than 30 minutes.
我举荐你们先看一些,半个小时以内的东西。
So you could try a comedy like: Friends which is American English or maybe BBC news
比方你们可以看喜剧像《老友记》,这是美式英语 或许是BBC的新闻
and you can just watch the headlines which would be British English pronunciation.
你可以只看头条新闻,这是英式英语。
So, I want you to watch it first with no subtitles, see how much you can understand.
我主张你们看时,第一遍不要字幕 看看自个,能听懂多少,
and then I want you to watch it again with subtitles, and see what you did pick up and what you didn’t pick up and then note it for next time.
然后你们再看一遍带字幕的,看看哪些你的确听懂了,哪些没有,然后记下来。
Don’t be afraid to replay things again and again and again !
不要惧怕重复播映,一次一次又一次!
Learn the patterns of voice that we use.
学?祷笆钡挠镆簟?/span>
If you’ve got a listening exam or you’re going to have a telephone conversation or some sort of interview over the phone, you’re not going to be able to read the person’s lips which can be really useful.
假定你参加听力考试,或许有一个电话会议,或是一些电话采访,你不能读语,尽管很有协助。
So, you really ought to practice listening blindly !
所以你大约操练盲听!
So, one really really good tip that often gets overlooked is use audio books.
接下来是一个非常非常有用但被无视了的主张,就是有声书。
Reading is great for building your vocabulary but it doesn’t do much for your listening skills, because what a book does not offer you is a pronunciation guide normally.
阅览对你的词汇对你很有协助,可是对听力并没有多大用,因为书并不能供给,语音辅导。
I’m sure some exist that do.
一般来说啊,有一些仍是可以的。
So, I would like you to start listening to audiobooks.
所以我举荐你们可以,听有声书 选一本。
Pick a book that is interesting and relevant to you.
你感快乐喜爱的,和你有关的。
Judge it by your level !
而且根据你自个的水平!
If you’re quite a low-level, choose a children’s book.
假定水平较低,可以选择儿童读物。
For more intermediate maybe go something for teenagers.
中等水平呢,可以选一些,青少年读物假定水平较高。
and if you’re advanced obviously go for something that’s aimed at adults or maybe has a lot of technical language.
就可以直接当作人水平的书了,或许还有许多,专业书本记住,假定你想。
Remember that: If you want to check your understanding you can always buy the book as well listen to a section and then read it, listen to another and then read it.
查看自个弄懂了多少,你可以买实体书,先听一有些,再看,听另外一有些,再看这一有些。
This is a wonderful way of improving your listening comprehension.
这是一个极好的前进你的。
The best website for audio books is audible
听力的办法一个有声书极好的网站,是audible
and if you click in the link in the description box you can get a free audiobook and a 30-day trial.
点击简介里的联接,你就能得到一本有声书的。
There’s absolutely no catch, so try it out and see if it works for you.
30天试用期 一点也不难,所以试一下吧,看看这对你有没有用。
One resource that often gets overlooked is youtubers.
一个常被无视的本钱是,YouTube上的播主 我并不是在说咱们这些。
I’m not talking about us – lovely bunch of online English teachers.
心爱的网上英语教师。
That are all over YouTube at the moment.
如今YouTube上处处都是。
Although I think we could help you a little bit with your listening.
我认为咱们对你们的听力,仍是有点点的协助。
You have an amazing resource full of free videos and listening tools.
你有一个充溢了,免费视频和听力东西的本钱。
Find something that you’re interested in.
找一些你感快乐喜爱的。
Maybe you’re interested in Gossip, celebrities, science, current affairs.
或许你对8卦、,名人、科学、时局。
Search for it in English and start listening to it.
用英语查找,初步听吧。
My next point is multi task.
下一个主张是“分神”
Unlike reading or watching TV, listening is something that you can do whilst you do something else.
不像阅览和看电视,听力是你可以边听,边做其他事的。
So once you’ve found your ideal resource, start to build a sort of pack of resources on your smart phone or your computer that you can take with you.
所以当你找到了你抱负的本钱,就把那些许多的本钱,存在你的手机或是电脑上,那你就可以随身带着了。
So, if you have a long car journey, on the way to work, on public transport, whilst you’re doing something else like cooking, something you don’t have to concentrate on.
所以假定你要坐好久的车,去上班,或当你在做一些其它的事比方煮饭,你并不需要聚精会神。
Listen to something in English !
就可以听英语了!
and that links back to my question: “How much time do you actually dedicate practicing your English?”
这就可以回到我之前的疑问 你花了多少时刻在操练英语上”
So, say you spend half an hour traveling to work each day and half an hour traveling back home each day and you listen to something in English for the entirety of those journeys Each week, you will be doing five hours of listening practice.
就让咱们假定你每天花半个小时,上班,半个小时回家,这时刻,你都会听一点英语每周你就会有五个小时的,听力操练时刻了。
That’s amazing !
这很了不起!
If you do that, you will definitely improve in no time.
假定你做到了,你的水平必定会快速前进的。
The really great thing is that you’re doing something productive and maybe learning about another topic through English.
另一个优点是,这非常有用,而且能经过英语学到其他常识。
That you would normally do.
这是你一般会做的作业。
So, it’s really a win-win situation.
所以这真实是一个稳赚不赔的办法。
My next tip is do not translate, do not translate.
下一个主张是不要翻译。
When you’re speaking to someone in person, I want you to listen for context.
当你和别人对话时,我期望你们更多地听语境。
Something I always say to my students is “Fluency over accuracy !”
我常常对我的学生们说,流利比正确更重要”
Now I speak Spanish fluently, but I do not speak it a hundred percent accurately.
我能很流利地说西班牙语,但我不会说得百分之百地正确。
I have no problems with listening, I have no problems with understanding, and I have no problems with communicating.
我的听力完全没疑问,了解上我也没疑问,交流上也完全没有妨碍。
But if you were to film me speaking Spanish and analyze all of the errors that I make, you find quite a few.
可是假定你录下我说西班牙语的视频,去找我犯的差错,你会发现许多许多。
It’s really important to understand that you don’t need it to be perfect, you don’t need to understand every single word
你需要理解,你不必寻求完满,也不必去听懂每一个单词
You need to understand context and general meaning.
你只需要了解语境和粗心。
If you spend too much time analyzing each word, the conversation or monologue will have moved on, by the time you finally understood the word that you are focusing on, so you actually then have to catch up and you lose understanding.
假定你在分析每个单词花了太多时刻,对话或是独白,就会在你听懂你重视的那个单词之前,快速划过,所认为了追上对话,有一些你就听不理解了。
So, instead of listening word-by-word
所以不要一个词一个词地听
listen to phrases as a whole.
把短语当成一个全体来听。
My next tip is learn speech patterns.
我下一个主张是学?祷暗姆椒ā?/span>
Okay, I want you to research into how natives speak.
我期望你们研讨一下,母语者是怎么说话的。
The way in which we write something is certainly not the way in which we say it.
咱们书面语和口语是很不一样的。
English is not a phonetic language and we don’t always follow our own pronunciation rules.
英语不是表音文字,咱们并不会一向恪守咱们的发音规则。
So, what research can you do?
你能做啥呢?
Well, you can look at homophones.
你可以看看同音异义词。
For example: These are words which have the exact same pronunciation but different spellings and different meanings.
比方有些单词,咱们发音相同,可是拼写和意思都纷歧样。
I’ve actually got a video coming out on homophones very soon which i will put in the description box.
实践上我也有一个,关于同音异义词的视频,我会在简介里放联接。
An example of a homeophone would be “bear” and “bare”
同音异义词的一个比方是bear和bare”
the same, but different spelling and meaning.
发音相同,可是拼写和意义都纷歧样。
You can also look at minimal pairs.
你也可以看一下最小语音对。
Minimal pairs are words that have the exact same pronunciation a part from a single vowel sound.
最小语音对是那些,有完全相同的发音,只除了一个元音。
An example of a minimal pair would be “ship” and “sheep”.
最小语音对的一个比方是ship和sheep。
. . . ship. . . sheep. . .
ship……sheep。
So that. . . and. . . of the same but the vowel sound is different.
前后子音相同,可是元音纷歧样。
It’s also important that you understand weak forms.
晓得弱读相同很重要。
So we have strong forms of words and we also have weak forms.
咱们有重读的单词,也有弱读的。
For example: The word “at”, on its own I say ‘at
比方at,我单独读是at
But sometimes if I’m using it in a sentence or in conversation and I’m speaking very quickly I will say at with the schwa sound.
可是有些时分当它在一个语句中时,或许在对话中,我会读得很快,我就会读作‘ ‘
I won’t say ‘at three o’clock.
我不会说‘at’ 三点钟。
I will say at three o’clock.
我会说‘at’三点钟。
It’s important that you recognize that the schwa sound can represent many vowels.
所以晓得来这个schwa发音,能替代许多元音。
You also need to look at reductions
相同需要重视的是缩写
I’ve got a video all about the reductions “wanna” and “gonna” which is also in the description box, that will really help you out especially if you want to use those
我也有一个关于缩写的视频,相同我也会把它放到简介里,这对你们很有用,特别是当你想用,
I know a lot of you do
我晓得你们想
It’s a really quick way of making yourself sound more native.
这是一个快速的让你的,发音听起来更地道的办法。
and also contractions: I am => I’m; I will => I’ll; she would => she’d.
比方I am是I‘m,I will 是I’ll,she would是she‘d,
Important that you learn those.
学习这些是很重要的。
I’m also making a video on contractions.
我正在做一个关于缩写的视频。
So when that’s uploaded I will also put that in the description box.
上载之后,我也会把联接放到简介里边。
So that’s it for my lesson on: How to improve your listening skills?
以上,就是我关于怎样,前进听力才能的技巧了?
Your homework is to comment below and tell me and everyone else: How you are going to improve your listening skills? now you’ve watched this video.
作业:在视频下方谈论,告诉我,告诉我们你要怎样,前进你的听力水平,在你们看了这个视频后。
I want to see you be motivated and I want to see you make a change, I believe in you and you need to believe in yourselves too.
我期望你们被鼓舞了,也期望看到你们的改动,我信赖你们,你们也有必要信赖你们自个。
Don’t forget that: I now upload on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
别忘了我如今是周一,周三和周六更新。
And I also have a free live pronunciation and vocabulary lesson every Sunday at 4:30 gmt which is london time.
我也有一个免费的在线语音课,词汇课程,在每周日的四点半,是伦敦时刻哦。
On my -English with Lucy- Facebook page.
在我English with Lucy的Facebook主页上。
Don’t forget to connect with me on all of my social media.
还有我其他的交际媒体账号。
My Facebook and my Instagram is where I’m most active
facebook,instagram是我最活泼的当地
and you can also sign up to my mailing list
你也可以订阅我的邮件
If you want to receive emails from me and hear about updates before anyone else.
假定你想收到我的邮件,而且能比其别人先看到我的更新的话。
Alright then, I’ll see you soon for another lesson !
好了,下节课见!